Saturday, July 23, 2011

catching up...some belated stories from my journey


Day in Kubi...
It was the last day we were visiting villages in Marsabit and sharing with these people. We completed all the surveys and reached all the homes that had filters; however, I felt led to continue going to menyattas in the village even if they didn't have a filter system for us to inquire about-I knew the reason we were there and I didn't want to waste any time. And as we were headed to this specific hut, we were stopped by a women who was requesting medicine for her earache. We debated on brushing her off but we saw this as an opportunity to pray for her. So we stopped to ask her if we could pray for her and tell her of the one who can bring her lasting healing, she became very intrigued. My friend, Hannah and I decided to proceed by sharing the whole story of the gospel with this women- we saw this as an opportunity we could not pass up. In closing our time of sharing with her, we asked if she believe that Jesus is the Christ and that He died for her sins and rose again so that she might have an everlasting relationship with Him. She responded by saying that she wanted to believe but a spirit inside of her wouldn't allow her. I had never felt such spiritual warfare. But the Spitit just filled me with the words to say and the scripture to speak and pray over her. Leaving that day, I do not know if she decided to allow Christ to take her heart of stone and transform her into a new creation. But I can take comfort in the fact that I was obedient in sharing with the truth with this Borana woman and that God knew exactly what she needed to hear. I prayed that the Lord would continue to work in her heart and draw her nearer to Himself.

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you. I will removed the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statues." Ezekiel 36:26

Sorry I'm so delayed in updating my blog-I will get a few more stories and updates from my trip. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support. I made it home about three weeks ago :).

In His Love,
Anna

1 comment: