Sunday, May 15, 2011

why I am going...

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS!"
Romans 10:14-15

God has instilled a passion in my heart for missions and to minister to the lost. Specifically, the past three years Africa has been placed in my heart. Since last summer I have been praying about going to Kenya this summer and waiting for God to give me direction. However, once I came to grasps with the fact that God has COMMANDED us to GO and share the Gospel, I did not need to wait around to be "told" to go. He has already given me an answer and that is to go! The Lord has called us, as Christians, to go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19-20). Therefore, I pray that the Lord will use me as His vessel to preach the good news to those who have not heard His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment